10 Insider Tips To Keep Your Carpet Looking Great
Here are a few tips you can use year round to help keep your carpet looking as fresh and clean as the day we professionally cleaned it.
- Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum. As a general rule vacuum traffic areas 3 to 5 times per week. This will prevent dirt from settling into the carpet. Walking on dirt and grit that has settled to the base of the fibers causes an abrasive action, which results in the appearance of traffic lanes and worn areas.
- Clean up spills immediately, before they become permanent stains. You may refer to our spotting guide online, which can be found at www.esmerio.co, and this will provide you with directions on how to proceed in removing spills. You may also call us at 1 800 848-8485 and we will also give you assistance on how to properly remove the spill.
- Have your carpet professionally cleaned on a regular basis. They should be cleaned every 6-12 months depending on the amount of “traffic” in the house. (i.e. kids, pets, shoes, etc.) Clean high traffic areas about twice as often as other areas.
- Place walk off mats inside and outside every entrance to your home.
- Place mats or bound remnants on top of the carpet at high wear areas, such as in front of the sofa or chairs and entry/exit points from the carpet.
- Placing smooth plastic chair mats under chairs in front of desks may help to prevent carpet delamination and wear.
- Remove your shoes when you enter your home.
- Control the circulation and disposal of food and drink through the home.
- Use a powerful upright vacuum with a beater brush and excellent filtration system for carpets. Be sure to change the disposable bag often to ensure efficient operation.
- Take your vacuum in for a checkup at the vacuum repair shop annually to keep it operating at peak performance.
So there you have it! Ten tips to prolong the life and beauty of your carpet investment.
If you're in Moreno Valley, and are in need of our assistance, call us at 1 800-848-8385